Thursday, February 25, 2010

Let Your Mac Speak To You

I have always known that you can get your Mac to read to you. I have even played with it, but I have never used it on a regular basis. I will cover how to enable the Text to Speech feature.  Hopefully this will kickstart me into using this feature more often.  My plan is to start by having my Mac read web articles to me.

Turn on Text to Speech Feature
1) Choose Apple menu > System Preferences.
2) Click the Speech icon.
3) Switch to Text to Speech tab.
4) Check the Speak selected text when the key is pressed option, and then click Set Key. You should use one or more modifier keys (Command, Shift, Option, or Control) plus another key. Then click OK.

5) Now you can highlight any text in your browser of choice or any other application, and press the key combination you chose in the previous step to hear the text spoken.

No comments:

Post a Comment