Friday, February 19, 2010

How to Get Rid of the Printer Icon in the Dock After Printing

Have you ever noticed that the printer icon stays in your dock after your printing is coming?  I do, and I wanted it to disappear once I am finished printing my documents or photos.

Here are two ways to do so:

Next Time You Print
1)  Next time you print and you see the printer icon in the dock, right-click (or Control-click) the printer icon, and select Auto Quit if there isn't already a checkmark next to it.
2)  Right-click (or Control-click) and select Quit.
3)  You are all set for the next time you print!

Make the Change Now!
1)  Select the Apple Menu > System Preferences
2)  Double-click the Print & Fax icon.
3)  Double-click the printer you want to configure.  In my example, I only have one printer.



4)  You should now see the printer icon in the dock.
5)  Right-click (or Control-click) the printer icon, and select Auto Quit if there isn't already a checkmark next to it.
6)  Right-click (or Control-click) and select Quit.
7)  You are all set for the next time you print!

No comments:

Post a Comment