Thursday, April 1, 2010

Fixing a Logitech MX Revolution Mouse that won't Charge

This week my Logitech MX Revolution mouse stopped charging.  When placed in the cradle it would flash green for a few seconds indicating it was charging, but then red for a few seconds.  After doing a little research, I decided to clean the contacts.  First I scraped them and then cleaned with rubbing alcohol.  This seemed to helped, but placing the mouse on and off the cradle a couple of times, the red flashing started again.


Back to the drawing board!  I saw a post where someone SLAMMED their mouse and it worked.  Hmm....strangely enough other users indicated they had similar luck!  Well, what did I have to lose?
Believe it or not, it WORKED for me!  Not only that, but it was extremely therapeutic!  My guess is that SLAMMING the mouse likely shifted the battery inside allowing for better contacts.

No comments:

Post a Comment