Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Language translation for Email

Since last month, teachers for my both daughters send emails along with attachments almost every day.  The problem was they are all in French.  With my French limited what I learned in high school so many years ago, I needed a quick way to translate them to English.

To my rescue came Gmail Labs.  There is a feature called Message translation which translates emails you receive into another language.  When I open the emails from their teachers now, I am presented the option to translate to English or other language of my choice.  As you might expect, when I open attachments, they are still in French.  I usually copy the contents and paste it into an email and then send it from my hotmail to Gmail account.

No comments:

Post a Comment